Training Materials and Reference Documents
If you would like to submit a request to schedule a training session or a checkout session, you will need to go to the PINMRF webpage at iLab Solutions and log in using your Purdue credentials. After you get to our main page you can click the "Request Services" tab to access the training request form. Here's a link to the site (will open in a new window): iLabs PINMRF website. NOTE: your iLab account must be set up in order to access these webpages.
Below is a list of all the PINMRF documents available for download in PDF format. Documents will open in a new window.
Please note that our PINMRF Overview Document contains, amongst other things, a discussion of our training practices and requirements. To summarize that document, new users may receive training from PINMRF staff or from qualified members of their research group. If the latter method is chosen, the current PINMRF user guide(s) must be used as instruction materials. All new users must pass both written and practical checkout quizzes prior to being allowed access to the instruments.
- PINMRF Overview Document (revised 04/2021, includes rules and safety information)
- PINMRF Rules and Safety Information (revised 02/2016)
- Guide to Starting, Extending and Finishing a Spectrometer Session using the iLab Software
Bruker TopSpin (400/500/800 MHz) Training and Reference Documents (partly revised 04/2021)
- TopSpin First-time Use: Loading of the Initial Dataset
- Bruker TopSpin Quickguide for 1D Experiments - DRX500-1 (WTHR 367) & DRX500-2 (RHPH G43)
- Bruker TopSpin Quickguide for 1D Experiments - AV-III-HD-400 (WTHR 369), AV-III-HD-500 (DRUG B055) and AV-III-800 (BRWN B124)
- Bruker TopSpin Training Guide for 1D Experiments
- Bruker TopSpin Training Supplement for Advanced 1D Experiments
- Bruker TopSpin Training Guide for Basic 2D Experiments
- Instructions for Moving NMR Data from a Bruker TopSpin Spectrometer to a PINMRF Linux Workstation
- Instructions for Data Transfer from a Bruker TopSpin Spectrometer to a User PC
Varian VNMR (300 MHz) Training and Reference Documents (partly revised 11/2015)
- Varian Training Guide for Standard 1D Experiments
- Varian Training Guide for Advanced 1D and Standard 2D Experiments
- Instructions for Converting Varian NMR Data to ASCII Format
- Instructions for Moving NMR Data from a Varian Spectrometer to a Sun Workstation
- Instructions for Data Transfer from a Varian Spectrometer to a User PC